Chamonix Valley Transfers (CVT) is taking action to be more environmentally friendly and to help our Valley become greener, so you can enjoy eco-friendly ski holidays and summer holidays. We also urge you when visiting Chamonix to do your bit to help us preserve this beautiful valley for future generations. So, for example as you would at home - reduce your use of plastic, use the recycling bins and try not to use log fires if at all possible in the winter due to pollution.
It all starts with our employees who undergo environmental training before signing an eco-friendly staff behaviour chart. Our managers regularly complete Vehicle Maintenance Checklists with the aim of reducing CO2 emissions and excess of fuel consumption from such things as incorrect tyre pressure. Our drivers are also regularly trained and evaluated for safe and efficient driving in mountainous conditions.
We also try and do our bit when we decide what vehicles to purchase and we can report that our Ford Custom Transit figures are:
- 2.0 L Ford EcoBlue 130 PS (96 kW)/385 Nm diesel engine
- 55% reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions versus the previous Euro5 emissions standards
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system uses AdBlue®, a urea/water-based fluid to convert NOx emissions in the exhaust gas into nitrogen and water
- Particulate filter then reduces more than 99% of emitted solid particulates from the vehicle’s exhaust.
Internally we also practice the following and we're actively in the process of sourcing solutions for alternatives to single use plastic as an ongoing concern.
- We recycle as much as possible with additional bins in our office.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning products in our office and vehicles along with spare linen rags rather than kitchen roll for cleaning purposes.
- Our activities and transport brochures are printed on sustainable paper stock.
- All bottled water, packaged food/snacks that are supplied to clients as part of our VIP service are provided in recyclable packaging.