Geneva Airport is often referred to as the gateway to the Alps as the airport is conveniently located approx. 75 - 90 mins from popular alpine resorts such as Chamonix, Mont Blanc.
Geneva has earned its status as an international airport – last year it welcomed more than 17 million passengers, connected to 148 destinations operated by 57 airlines.
The question we get asked most often is “are there two airports at Geneva?”. The answer to that question is – no, only one airport, but there are 2 sides to the airport because it sits on the borders of Switzerland and France it can be accessed from either country.
The French sector is mainly used for domestic flights within France (IATA code for this side of the airport is GGV). So, most flights will come into the Swiss side of the airport including those from the UK (IATA code for this side is GVA).
We operate an all year-round airport transfer service between Geneva and Chamonix, with 4 different types of transfer for you to choose from. Booking your Geneva Airport transfer through CVT means you can sit back, relax and enjoy the journey without the need to be concerned with finding airport parking, collecting a rental car, hauling luggage, arriving on time and dealing with traffic. We will transport you from the airport, right to your accommodation in Chamonix.
Airport transfers from Geneva Airport to Chamonix
The day before you travel you will receive an SMS to confirm your scheduled pick up time.
Once you have landed and collected your luggage at Geneva Airport, come through to the arrivals hall and we will be waiting at the designated time by the Airport Information desk to greet you with your name on our CVT board. For your added reassurance we will consistently track your flight to check for any amends to your flight schedule.
If you have booked a Shared (Standard) or Shared (Premium) transfer, then there may be a short wait for other passengers to come in on their flight before we leave the airport. For Private or Luxury VIP Concierge transfers we will depart as soon as soon as your group are ready.
Our driver’s top tips for your flight into Geneva Airport
- Remember when booking your transfer with us, you need to provide your “arrival time into Geneva Airport” not your “departure time from your original location” a common mistake.
- When you collect your luggage, you can also pick up a trolley to help transport your luggage into the arrival’s hall, the cost is 2€ or 2 CHF
- If you need to collect ski’s, car seats, pushchairs or other over-sized baggage there is a separate conveyor belt on the right near the toilets, note that this is separate to the conveyor belt your suitcases are collected from
- If you have booked Special Assistant through your airline or the airport, they are usually exceptionally helpful and will bring you in a wheelchair, if required, up to the transfer van
- Once in the arrivals hall, if you have time at the airport before your transfer departs - the Montreux Jazz Cafe serves food and a decent cup of coffee too.
Your return airport transfer from Chamonix to Geneva Airport
As with your outbound journey, you will also receive an SMS to confirm your return scheduled pick up time from Chamonix. Please ensure you are ready and waiting for your driver 15 minutes prior to your confirmed pick up time, especially if you are on a shared transfer where your driver may have multiple pick-ups in the valley before leaving for the airport.
Depending on the type of transfer you have booked as a rule of thumb we will collect you from your accommodation in Chamonix approx. 3 – 5 hours prior to the time your flight departs Geneva.
Our driver’s top tips departing Geneva
- If you have checked your bags in and have time before you head through security, take the escalator or lift up to the food hall where you'll find refreshments but also an outdoor roof terrace
- If you have booked Special Assistance through your airline or the airport you will find the meeting place just inside the main door of the airport on the left hand side
- Once through security you have a host of duty free, fashion, gift shops and an additional food hall for any last-minute purchases
- For those travelling with children, once through security there are 2 kids play areas both free of charge (children must be accompanied by parents or guardian):
- A kids creche for under 5 years on the top floor with games, a slide and play area. There is also a small kitchen, toilet and baby changing facilities.
- For older kids 3-12 years we understand the airport also now has a playground located between gates A5 and A8 with a fun space organised around the theme of the airport.
From the moment you start your journey with us you can be assured that we will deliver you safely, reliably and comfortably to your destination.